Gulf Power, of Pensacola, Florida is running a pilot program to make solar water heating affordable by providing rebates to qualified customers.
This program will run for the period of one year, starting on January 1, 2009. During the first pilot year of the Solar Thermal Water Heating Rebate Pilot Program, Gulf Power will provide $1,000 in rebates to qualifying customers. Gulf Power will also install a limited number of systems for free, in low-income, multi-family apartments.
The following conditions have been set:
- All of Gulf Power’s residential customers are eligible for the program
- Applicants will receive a home energy “check-up”, complimentary of Gulf Power, as well as guidelines for successful solar thermal water heating installation.
- Qualifying systems must be installed and certified as operational by a contractor with a valid solar or plumbing license, and according to applicable building codes.
- Qualifying systems must use new equipment.
- Qualifying systems must be certified by the Solar Rating and Certification Corporation (SRCC) or the Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC).
- Gulf Power field staff must verify the completed installation of the qualifying system, before the rebate is paid.
For further details on this program check their web site: www.gulfpower.com
You can also contact gulf power through:
Gulf Power Company
One Energy Place
Pensacola, FL 32520
Phone: (877) 655-4001
Web site: http://www.gulfpower.com/